Chess 3DPost a comment View Comments (0)
This is a 3D Chess game using C, OpenGL, and SDL. I initially built parts of it while i was studying OpenGL, but then i extended it to be able to use it as my informatics "Atestat" exam project. Now it is functional, and has a simple Artificial Intelligence. The documentation that i originally submitted to the Atestat can be found here: .pdf , .djvu (hungarian).
Some SDL and OpenGL libraries might need to be installed before compiling.
On linux, extract the .zip file and make the compilations scripts runnable:
andrew@charon:~/chess$ chmod a+x compile.sh crun.sh
Compile the program:
Run the program:
On windows it can be compiled with Dev-C++.
- The initial animation can be stopped with a simple mouse click
- The viewing angle can be changed by pressing the right mouse button, and holding while moving the mouse.
- The distance from the board can be changed by Pressing and holding the middle mouse button, while moving the mouse up and down
- The (white) pieces can be moved by Dragging and dropping with left mouse button. While a piece is selected, possible destinations are shown red.
- The black pieces are moved by the AI.